Patent Lawyer in Houston, Texas
Get a free consultation! Call (832) 981-6114 today
If you are a small or mid-sized business owner or an industry entrepreneur, obtaining or enforcing a patent may be one of the most crucial steps to protecting your intellectual property rights. At The Elliott Law Firm, PLLC, our Houston intellectual property law attorneys can help you identify inventions that can be patented and help you through the process of obtaining a patent. We will then work with you to enforce your patent rights in court or negotiate license agreements. Our goal is to help you obtain valuable patent protection that accommodates the multifaceted aspects of your portfolio, inventions, and creative property.
Professional Service Backed by 30+ Years of Combined Experience
Whether you are a small business or mid-sized business owner that has improved an existing product or an entrepreneur who has developed a new invention in your industry, our Houston patent attorneys can assist with the following:
- Prior art and patentability searches
- File provisional and non-provisional patent applications
- Evaluate existing patents or patent portfolios
- Handle patent procurement and infringement disputes
- Enforce patent rights against infringers
- Defend against potential or threatened patent infringement lawsuits
- Engage in due diligence investigations for mergers, acquisitions, and licensing programs
- Evaluate potential infringement on behalf of the patent owner or a competitor
- Provide freedom-to-operate opinions based on non-infringement, invalidity or unenforceability
- Prepare technology transfer agreements covering patented or unpatented technology
- Prepare and negotiate patent assignments and license agreements
Take Action Against Patent Infringement with The Elliott Law Firm, PLLC
Although patents are presumed valid, they can be challenged in court or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) through the recently enacted inter partes review process. A patent is not a self-enforcing document, and any acts of infringement often need to be prosecuted by filing a legal action. Our legal team is well-versed in obtaining and evaluating patents, rendering freedom-to-operate opinions, and litigating patents in federal court, the USPTO, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In all cases, we consider flexible fee arrangements, including contingent-fee arrangements, hourly billing at reasonable rates, discounted billing, and blended-fee arrangements. In certain contingent fee cases, the client will be obligated to pay all or a portion of court costs and expenses, and in other cases there will be no obligation unless a recovery is secured.
For more information about patent law or the services we have to offer, feel free to contact us today. Initial consultations are free!