Nathan Huynh is an attorney with over 7 years of experience in intellectual property law. His diverse experience comes from the management of all IP matters for one-quarter of all product lines for a major oilfield services company and furthermore, as in-house counsel, Mr. Huynh supervised over 10 national and international firms in the prosecution of patent applications.
Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Mr. Huynh has experience in patent procurement, including preparing and prosecuting applications filed in the USPTO and supervising the prosecution of applications in foreign countries.
His patent practice has covered a wide range of technology for wireline, MWD/LWD, software, geoscience, optical sensing, drones, downhole tools, cancer care navigation methods, power tongs, and production optimization. These product lines apply a broad range of technologies including signal and seismic processing, data compression, RFID, short-hop telecommunication, analytics systems, hydrocarbon analyzers, fiber optics, swellables, sand control, directional drilling, rotary steerables; and downhole 3-D imaging applying nuclear particles, magnetic resonance, or resistivity.
Mr. Huynh's IP practice spans the entire invention life cycle from invention disclosure to post-grant, with activities including patent landscaping, freedom-to-operate studies, patentability studies, and negotiating and drafting of licensing agreements.
- University of Houston, received B.S. in Computer Science in 2014.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, received Juris Doctorate in 2012.
- University of Houston, received MBA in 2001.
- University of Houston, received B.B.A. in 1997.
- The Elliott Law Firm, PLLC (2017-present);
- Patterson & Sheridan, LLP (2015-2016);
- Weatherford International (2009-2015).
- All Texas Courts
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Texas