Houston Patent Lawyer
Utilizing 40+ Years of Combined Experience
If you are a small, mid-sized or large business owner or an entrepreneur, obtaining or enforcing a patent may be one of the most crucial steps to protecting your intellectual property rights. At Elliott Law, our Houston patent lawyers can help you identify inventions that can be patented and help you through the process of obtaining a patent.
We can also work with you to enforce your patent rights in court or negotiate license agreements. Our goal is to help you obtain valuable patent protection that accommodates the multifaceted aspects of your portfolio, inventions, and creative property.
Cases We Handle
Whether you are a small, mid-sized, or large business owner that has improved an existing product or an entrepreneur who has developed a new invention in your industry, our Houston patent lawyers can assist with the following:
- Perform prior art and patentability searches
- File provisional and non-provisional patent applications
- Evaluate existing patents or patent portfolios
- Handle patent procurement and infringement disputes
- File patent infringement cases against infringers
- Defend against potential or threatened patent infringement lawsuits
- Engage in due diligence investigations for mergers, acquisitions, or licensing programs
- Evaluate potential infringement on behalf of the patent owner or a competitor
- Provide freedom-to-operate opinions based on non-infringement, invalidity or unenforceability
- Prepare technology transfer agreements covering patented or unpatented technology
- Prepare and negotiate patent assignments and license agreements
Although patents are presumed valid, they can be challenged in court or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) through the inter partes review (IPR) process. A patent is not a self-enforcing document, and any acts of infringement often need to be prosecuted by filing a legal action.
Our legal team is well-versed in:
- Obtaining and evaluating patents
- Rendering freedom-to-operate opinions
- And litigating patents in federal court, the USPTO, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
How Elliott Law PLLC Can Help
In all cases, we consider flexible fee arrangements, including:
- Contingent-fee arrangements
- Hourly billing at reasonable rates
- Discounted billing
- And blended-fee arrangements
In certain contingent fee cases, the client will be obligated to pay all or a portion of court costs and expenses, and in other cases there will be no obligation unless a recovery is secured.
For more information about patent law or the services we have to offer, feel free to contact us to schedule a free consultation with our Houston patent lawyer.
High-Quality Legal Services
Experienced & Dedicated Attorneys
A Solution-Oriented Approach
Complimentary Case Evaluations
Proven Courtroom Results
Flexible Fees & Reasonable Rates
40+ Years of IP & Litigation Experience