Doug Elliott is an attorney with over 30 years of experience practicing intellectual property law. Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) since 1987, Mr. Elliott has extensive experience in patent procurement, including preparing and prosecuting applications filed in the USPTO, and supervising the prosecution of applications in foreign countries. He has also handled post-grant proceedings in the USPTO including inter partes reviews (IPR) and covered business methods (CBMs).
His trademark practice includes applying for and securing federal and Texas registrations of trademarks and service marks, as well as representing clients in federal and state court, and in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings in the USPTO.
Over the past 30 years his experience includes a wide range of technologies and businesses, including downhole tools, surgical procedures, drones, high-speed submersible pumps, methods for making artificial organ models, water treatment systems, semantic software models and electronic document delivery, location systems using global positioning (GPS), hydraulic fracturing, 3-D printing, welding enclosures, gas and steam turbines, proppants, medical payment systems, website designs, credit card processing, seismic processing, polymer liners for downhole wells, oilfield chemicals, pipe markers, high pressure ball valves, funeral home websites, directional drilling, measurement-while-drilling (MWD) systems, power tongs, remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROVs), subsea assemblies for production platforms, roof assemblies, industrial buildings, bilirubin testing, basic chemicals, fertilizers, surfactants, functionalized polyethylenes, laminates, adhesives, polypropylene blends, polyphenylene sulfide, metallocene catalysts, high speed cable modems, filters, semiconductors, monoclonal antibodies, stents and prosthetics.
His clients include domestic and foreign companies. Mr. Elliott began his career with Arnold, White and Durkee. He is fluent in Spanish. Mr. Elliott's patent practice also includes freedom-to-operate opinions based on non-infringement and/or invalidity.
Get Started on Your Case Today With a Free Consultation.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, received Juris Doctorate in 1986.
- University of Tulsa, received B.S. in Chemical Engineering in 1983.
Prior Professional Experience
- The Elliott Law Firm, PLLC (2013-present)
- Polasek, Quisenberry & Errington, LLP (2011-2013);
- Martin, Disere, Jefferson & Wisdom, LLP (2008-2011);
- Patterson & Sheridan, LLP (2000-2008);
- Tobor, Goldstein & Healey (1996-2000);
- Arnold, White & Durkee (1986-1995).
Professional and Educational Honors
- Texas Super Lawyer, by Thomson-Reuters, 2011-17
- AV Preeminent Rating, by Martindale-Hubbell
- AVVO Rated Excellent, by Martindale-Hubbell
- College of the State Bar, former member
- Tulsa Law Journal
- Highest Grades (American Jurisprudence Award) in Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
- Order of Barristers